Hello! My name is Mr. Fleming, English teacher and Girls Track and Field coach here at Eisenhower. I'm new to DD Eisenhower and District 218, and I'm very excited to be a part of such an incredible school and community.
School Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Google Voice: 708-653-0916*
*I am available for either text message or phone calls via Google Voice as late as 6PM
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; Minor in Teaching English as a Second Language
- Master of Arts in Secondary Education from Roosevelt University
- English I Honors
- English III
- English IV - Graphic Novels
Schedule (January 2022 - May 2022):
1st Period - Graphic Novels (Room 121) [Google Classroom Code: fg3hsv6]
2nd Period - English III (Google Classroom Code: ghit64a)
3rd Period - English I Honors (Google Classroom Code: nj36s6e)
4th Period - Prep
5th Period - English I Honors (Google Classroom Code: jj2xagg)
6th Period - Homeroom/Lunch
7th Period - Professional Learning Period
8th Period - English III (Google Classroom Code: ft3uomo)
- Grading: All of my courses follow the District 218 grading scale, and the 40/40/20 model for defining the final grades for the course.
- Revisions: Students are given the opportunity to revise tests, quizzes, and CUAs to earn up to half credit back. For example, if the student takes a quiz and get a 70% on it, the highest grade the student can get on a revision is an 85%.
- Late Work: Students may submit classwork/homework and CUAs up to 168 hours (7 days) late. After that, it becomes a permanent zero in the gradebook.
- e.g. if a classroom worksheet is due Friday at 3:15 PM, that student has until the following Friday at 3:15 PM to submit it.
- CUAs can be submitted up to 168 hours (7 days late). However, each day a CUA is late the final grade is lowered by 5%. After 7 days, the CUA is no longer eligible to be turned in for any credit.