Dr. Lori Szeszycki Mann
Google Voice (call or text): 224-698-9921
Please view this video to learn more about our class! https://www.loom.com/share/6444379c91204774a67e29daf49ed1b1
|Time||Period||School||Course||Google Classroom Code||Remind Code|
|1||DLC||Spanish for Communication||wnk5z6p||@dlcspanish|
|8:55-9:45 am||2||DLC||Resource: English Learners||vfalzf5|
|10:00-12:37 pm||planning time / lunch|
|12:40-1:17 pm||5||DDE||Spanish I||bwfrekn||@ddespanish|
|1:20-1:57 pm||6||DDE||planning time|
|2:00-2:37 pm||7||DDE||Spanish I||w7fo55o||@ddespanish|
Wednesdays 1:30-2:30 PM
- Bachelors in Spanish and English, Secondary Education – Illinois Wesleyan University, 1997
- Masters in Reading – Governors State University, 2000
- Masters in Educational Administration – Governors State University, 2003
- Doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction – Loyola University, 2009
- Classwork – 20%
- Quizzes and Projects – 40%
- Exams – 40%
- The final exam is worth 20% of the students’ semester grades.
DDE School Activities
1) International Trips co-sponsor
- We are (hopefully!) going to Peru in June, 2021 for eleven days!
- If you are interested in joining us, please send me an email. We still have a few slots available!
2) K-Pop Sponsor
- Our extracurricular activities are on hold for now. Stay tuned!
My goal is for your student to master how to speak Spanish. Therefore, if your student does not initially do well on an assessment, I want for him/her to re-take that assessment. My focus is on the students' confidence with speaking. If they’re not quite there yet, I want for them to know that they are welcome to go back and try again.
Success is the goal. As strange as it may sound, grades are secondary to student confidence and success. Thus, all students may re-take all assessments. Period. Furthermore, they may re-take their assessments at any point in the semester. Re-takes will be scheduled for a mutually convenient time.